RaceDynamix has been an owner of Subaru cars since 2001 and has a wealth of experience of modifying and remapping them to take their already superb performance up to levels very rarely seen. As can be seen with the RaceDynamix owned, developed and mapped BC Racing Impreza which currently competes in the UK Time Attack championship with 850+ bhp and some fairly extreme modifications. But … most people don’t want to go that far with their cars… If you don’t (or do) then RaceDynamix can help you reach your goals.
Newage 2001 Subaru Impreza
We have produced some very handy guides to help give some options and a typical upgrade path for the newage (2001) onwards Subaru Impreza. these will be expanded for other models.
Open Source Mapping
This is a bit of a misnomer to be honest as the software that RaceDynamix uses is commercial software, the real understanding is that it is non-ecutek and as such works out cheaper for you with exactly the same (and in some cases more) functionality, access to exactly the same maps and the same results.
In all cases for 2001-2015 cars the standard ecu is perfectly remappable to give huge performance gains and some interesting features like launch control and pops and bangs (or mild anti lag).
Cost just £430 including dyno time and power printouts at one of many national dyno centres.
Ecutek remapping software enables further features such as racerom and enabling remaps on Subaru BRZ and other models. There is an additional one off cost to cover the ecutek license required on each car of £190.
Total cost just £620 including dyno time and power printouts at one of many national dyno centres.
1992-1998 Classic Impreza (versions 1-4)
The options for the tuning of these models have now expanded beyond simple and crude eprom chips to full live mapping via the new ESL daughterboards.
Version 1-2 : £690 supplied, fitted and mapped including dyno time and power printouts at one of many national dyno centres.
Version 3-4 : £690 supplied, fitted and mapped including dyno time and power printouts at one of many national dyno centres.
1999-2000 Classic Impreza (versions 5-6)
The standard ecu is remappable on these versions of Impreza using Ecutek Software. This provides access to all the necessary calibration options in order to tune for all vehicles and modifications up to the limits of the main sensors. Beyond around 350bhp the existing MAF based ecu system will become a restriction and it would be best to consider one of the aftermarket ecus listed below.
If ecu has an ecutek license the cost is just £430 including dyno time and power printouts at one of many national dyno centres.
If the ecu hasn’t got an ecutek license then the cost is just £620 including dyno time and power printouts at one of many national dyno centres.
For specialist projects, competition or for features such as running mafless then there are other options available from aftermarket ecus. RaceDynamix are dealers for three of the main options.
Syvecs (all years of cars)
Created in 2007, Syvecs LTD was born to produce high end engine control solutions. Developed from technology used at the highest levels of motorsport, Syvecs ECUs provide the user with degrees of control and function previously only available to the motorsport industry. Our products have been tailored to bring you these high end features combined with the flexibility more road-car biased ECUs offer.
Cost from £2200 supplied, fitted and mapped. Please call or email to discuss your exact requirements as there are so many options available with this ecu it is impossible to accurately display prices.
Alcatek (all years of cars)
Full information here >>
Enduring Solutions (ESL)
Live mapping system for pre 99 Subaru Imprezas.
Feature List (Not Exhaustive):
- Suitable for all turbocharged Imprezas
- Only option for Legacy RSB/GTB
- Only option for AT Forester
- MAF/MAFless load switchable in software
- User Switchable Maps (Full, not offsets)
- Closed Loop Knock Control
- Closed Loop Idle
- Injector overrun cut off
- Software fully windows integrated, modern, object oriented, multi-threaded, live updates.
- Factory drive quality out of the box.
- Comprehensive closed loop knock control.
- 3D boost mapping – no boost controller required.
- Can be remapped to incorporate further modifications.
- Full OEM Diagnostic control codes.
- International dealer support network.
- Standard hot and cold start compensations.
- Closed loop narrowband lambda control (idle and light cruise).
- No additional harness
- All Sensors and actuators exposed, will work with any specification
- Installation Service available
- Motorsport features to follow: ALS, LC, Flat Shift
Version 1-2 : £690 supplied, fitted and mapped
Version 3-4 : £690 supplied, fitted and mapped
Link ECU G4x
Feature List (vehicle model dependant):
- Up to 6D fuel and ignition mapping
- Precision closed loop cam control (four cam, independent control)
- Sequential fuel delivery
- Digital triggering, all OEM patterns
- OEM idle hardware supported
- 5D boost control with three switchable tables
- Motorsport features – antilag, launch, flat shift
- Continuous barometric correction (on board)
- CAN port
- QuickTune – automated fuel tuning
- Individual cylinder correction
- USB tuning cable included
- Stats recording into on-board memory
- Gear compensations for spark, boost and fuel
- Real time selectable dual fuel, ignition and boost maps
- Sync and crank sensors can be a combination of Hall effect, variable reluctance or optical
- Boost control referenced to gear, speed or throttle position
- Up to 32Mbit internal logging memory
- Staged injection
- Knock with “windowing”
Version 1-6 : £1230 supplied, fitted and mapped
Bugeye -> Hawkeye : £1750 supplied, fitted and mapped
Antilag and Launch control setup is £150 extra